FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Encoretech to leverage tech training and learning program expertise to maximize LTA effectiveness
Atlanta, GA – November 12, 2014 – Encoretech, a premiere learning & development organization delivering technology training and migration solutions to the legal and corporate communities, today announced a partnership with the Suffolk/Flaherty Legal Technology Audit (LTA) and its founder Casey Flaherty. As a LTA strategic training partner, Encoretech will provide training consulting services including content development, skills assessment and LTA-readiness to help firms prepare for the LTA.
The LTA assesses how well firm attorneys, paralegals and support staff use basic law practice technology, such as word processing and spreadsheets, to complete commonly encountered legal tasks. The LTA has been available to registered law firm test takers since this September. Clients are able to utilize the LTA internally and request scores of their outside firm attorneys, paralegals and support.
“Our mission is for attorneys, paralegals and support staff to be technologically proficient. That requires getting them to finally take training seriously. The LTA is not intended to embarrass anyone but, rather, to raise the bar of base tech proficiency,” stated Casey Flaherty. “We are aware of Encoretech’s reputation in the legal technology training and learning space and are very excited to welcome them as an LTA partner. Their keen understanding of how to best work with legal professionals when it comes to tech training will undoubtedly contribute to mutual long term success.”
The LTA identifies critical technology proficiency gaps among lawyers. As an LTA partner, Encoretech is in prime position to specifically address these skill gaps, work directly with firm users on bridging them, and, most importantly, establish ongoing learning solutions and methods that will enable affected attorneys and entire firm user populations to retain higher tech skills moving forward.
Specifically, this will include:
- LTA preparation: As an official LTA training partner, Encoretech will help prepare firm users for LTA testing by focusing on specific proficiency gaps as well as broader technology training deficits
- Ongoing tech training and learning mentoring: Encoretech will provide firm users and LTA ‘students’ with training refreshers, delivered on-demand and tailored to how they work and are able to consume training based on their busy schedules
- LTA-focused training program re-design: Encoretech will work with firms on setting up a legal technology training and learning environment that best positions clients to not only be aware of LTA standards but also be able to adhere and surpass them
- LTA benchmarking: Encoretech will work with law firm leaders on designing a legal technology training and skills program based on LTA content and broader learning objectives
- LTA communication, marketing and promotion: The information and results provided by the LTA can be used in many ways, including marketing to clients concerned with the efficient delivery of legal services. Firms may also want to use the results as part of annual reviews or as a way to incentivize technological efficiency and lower costs. Encoretech will work with clients on developing communication strategies to best promote and position LTA results as well as recommending techniques to keep the audit information relevant.
“We firmly believe that legal professionals have what it takes to further leverage technology in order to provide value to their clients. The LTA provides a baseline for proficiency and through our partnership, Encoretech can best help law firms further fine tune their legal technology skills regardless of their previous abilities or knowledge,” stated Jeffrey Roach, president, Encoretech. “We are thrilled that Casey Flaherty and the LTA are drawing awareness to technology skill deficiencies in law firms and are happy to partner with someone with the same end goal of raising the technology proficiency bar.”
# # #
Encoretech is a premiere Learning & Development organization delivering technology training and migration solutions to the legal and corporate community. Encoretech addresses the business, operational and technology training and application education challenges faced by law firms and other professional services organizations. Encoretech’s executive team has spent the past 25 years working with the top law firms and training departments in the country, helping them deliver outstanding and engaging learning experiences. Services include Microsoft Office 2013 migration training; Training-as-a-Service (complete managed training services); development of onboarding curricula and new hire training content; technology training audits; distance learning; and custom Learning Management System content development. Please visit www.Encoretech.com for more information or follow them on Twitter at @Encoretech or@JeffreyRoach.
About Suffolk/Flaherty Legal Tech Audit (LTA)
The LTA was pioneered by Casey Flaherty and developed in conjunction with the Suffolk University Law School Institute on Law Practice Technology and Innovation, directed by Andrew Perlman. Law firms and legal departments can purchase the audit to assess the proficiency of their own lawyers and staff. Further, clients can request the scores of any outside timekeeper. For more information about the Legal Tech Audit, visit www.legaltechaudit.com or send an email to [email protected].
|Media contact:Jobst Elster, Envision Agency(850) 459-4947[email protected]||Company contact:Jeffrey Roach, Encoretech(404) 996-2377[email protected]|